Zetes is a leading pan-European company specialized in the development of software products and solutions for automatic identification of goods and people (Goods ID and People ID).
By making use of technology, Zetes' solutions are based on both mature and innovative technologies such as barcoding, voice, RFID, imaging, print & apply, smart cards and biometrics.
Established in 1984 with headquarters in Belgium, the company has grown both organically and through acquisitions, and today has subsidiaries in 20 countries. Zetes currently employs around 1200 employees. Zetes is a successful and financially stable organization and part of Panasonic since 2017.
For our Z-ERP Information System Team we are actually looking for an
Role & Job description
As an Application engineer, you are responsible for managing the Zetes ERP environment. Your expertise of the IS environment and analytical skills allow you to take on a technical consulting role when it comes to develop an overall applicative strategy with efficient and effective solutions.
As Application engineer, you will:
- Create and maintain SQL server maintenance jobs
- Collaborate with international teams to manage system interdependencies
- Coordinate and perform maintenance work to database systems
- Have a thorough understanding of query plans and indexing and understand how to tune indexes to optimize database performance.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Ensure continuity and cohesion in the maintenance of the applications. This covers among others: the resolution of incidents, the management of the lifecycle of the application, the release management of the application and the follow-up of changes to the application
- Give functional and technical support and communicate the required information to all stakeholders
- A higher degree in IT or an equivalent area
- Significant practical and technical experience in a Microsoft development environment (MS SQL server, MS Visual studio)
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Experience with designing and implementing master data management solutions
- Experience with data integration
- Experience of data models, data structure, data workflows
- Interest in BI and/or Data Warehouse
- Interest in Webservices
- Team player and encourage knowledge sharing between colleagues
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French and very good knowledge of English
- Readiness to travel to the subsidiary sites as needed (mainly in Europe)
What we offer
- A full-time job in Belgium
- Offices in 1130 Brussels - near Bordet train station
- Work within a small enthusiastic team
- Continuous learning and lots of challenges
- Attractive remuneration package with extensive fringe benefits