A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Principal Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Networking Consultancy Practice within Computacenter Belgium, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. We are also increasingly delivering networking solution to Computacenter’s customers across the Group. This role will provide opportunities to deliver network solutions to our key customers in Belgium.
The Principal Consultant will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements. As a senior team member a Principal Consultant has responsibility for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
As the market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression.
- Lead the technical elements of pre-sales responses
- Host customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
- Provide technical governance of in-flight projects
- Complete technical designs
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design and implementation of large scale solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a single technology solution.
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors and Sales Specialists)
- Mentor other consultants
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to design complex enterprise scale complex networking, collaboration and security solutions
- Pre-sales, design and delivery experience across DC infrastructure, Software Defined Networking, Network Virtualisation, Campus LAN, WAN, Application Delivery and Voice, Video and Collaboration solutions
- Strong routing and switching skills
- Good knowledge of the security features and best practices regarding the design and deployment of enterprise scale networking and data centre solutions
- Multilingual, to include fluency in English, French and Dutch - oral and written.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Significant pre-sales experience
- Proven ability in producing excellent documentation for a technical audience
- Ability to develop technology specific business cases
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Ability to present large internal and external audiences
- To have worked as a lead technical consultant, leading a team of technical consultants in post sales delivery of projects
- To have worked on consultancy assignments within a wide variety of organisations.
- Experience of working within a number of large organisations (more than 1000 IT users)
- Leadership and organisational skills with the ability to provide technical leadership mentoring
Desirable Technology / Vendor Experience
- Cisco Systems: Nexus, Catalyst (inc C9000 portfolio, ISE, ACI, Umbrella, StealthWatch, ETA, Viptela
- Cisco wireless
- F5 Networks: BIG-IP, ASM, WAF, AFM, APM
- HP Aruba: Clearpass, Wireless portfolio
- Citrix Netscaler and Netscaler SD-WAN
- AWS: Network architecture and connectivity, including DirectConnect
- Microsoft Azure: Network architecture and connectivity, including ExpressRoute
- A challenging job in a dynamic and innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged
- Opportunities for learning where needed
- An attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits and company car