About the job
In the role of Java developer at SII Belgium you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of various web applications. Projects include pure custom development in Java as well as complex sites (with a high visibility). You'll work in team alongside other passionate java developers dedicated to delivering high quality results.
- Contribute in the design and outlining of Java solutions (with the analyst and / or architect)
- Deliver superb Java web applications according to agreed planning and budget
- Develop qualitative sites that exceed all customers' expectations
- Add value to the sales cycle by giving input to your commercial colleagues (presales)
- Add constantly to the Java competency within SII Belgium
- Support the project manager during the estimation process
- Train customers and users
- Higher education in IT (minimum Bachelor level)
- A broad interest in developing web sites and web applications
- General best practices and design practices
- Familiar with Agile methodology such as Scrum; TDD
- Good knowledge of Java Spring MVC
- Experienced in JPA/Hibernate, Maven, GIT, SVN Jenkins
- An attractive and flexible salary package (including company car, smartphone, insurances, meal vouchers, ...)
- Dynamic, open, competent and established working environment offering job security
- Working on challenging projects with a high visibility
- Sharpening your (technical) skills in challenging assignments
- Formal and on-the-job training; we encourage you to obtain official certification(s)
- A flexible time schedule with possibility to work from home at least one day per week
- Warm and open company culture, supported by an international group
SII Belgium is a digital consulting agency and a member of the international SII Group. SII Belgium mainly focuses on technology and business consulting for business critical digital solutions. Our digital services are categorized in 3 business units: ‘E-commerce & Digital Marketing’, ‘Productivity & Collaboration’ and ‘Actionable Insights & Smart Solutions’. These business units allow us to gain expertise in different industries, such as retail, health, culture, banking, aerospace, automotive and a lot more. While being in the midst of a digital revolution, we made it our mission to stay at the forefront of this revolution.
For our Productivity & Collaboration unit, we strive to improve productivity in organizations by maximizing the means of collaboration and business process automations. We want to provide business and technical guidance to our customers in their digital transformation process towards a modern workplace.