|Soort functie:||Freelancer en vaste medewerker||Locatie:||Brussels|
|Duur:||+/- 17 weeks||Referentie:||201907673|
For a client in Brussels, we are looking for a Data Scientist, in the Insurance sector.
In order to advance in the maturity build-up of the data science track of the BI & ACC, we are looking for a data scientist to work together on a variety of data and analytics flows in the context of marketing and credit risk.
You will architect, design and prototype various analytical flows, as well as assist the internal BI & ACC staff.
Your task will consist of (but will not be limited to):
- Apply general statistical methods and Artificial Intelligence algorithms supporting prescriptive and predictive analytics to obtain more insight in the presented data.
- You provide specialized knowledge about Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics and recommend solutions that meet the needs of the company.
- Identify, investigate and correct problems or inconsistencies related to data analysis.
- Define the entire data analysis workflow to support the decision-making process.
- Development of effective visualizations and storytelling, dashboard development and data analytics reporting applications.
- As a Data Scientist you are part of the Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC). You will work in different projects to provide new insights, but you also provide the necessary support for existing solutions.
- You create test scenarios, and perform system and integration tests to ensure quality, functionality and performance.
What we are looking for:
- You have a master's degree in economics, engineering or mathematics (possibly supplemented by a doctorate) and have proven experience as a data scientist or researcher.
- You have a thorough knowledge of and experience with the analysis of technical and business-related requirements, business process modeling / mapping, development methodology and data modeling.
- As a data scientist you have expert knowledge of modeling using R and Python, but you also have a knowledge of TIBCO STATISTICA or are willing to learn this in your own time.
- Knowledge on Java or low code programming will be considered as a plus.
- You are able to compile documentation and procedures in an implementation, both in technical jargon and in user-friendly language.
- You work organized and meticulous and demonstrate excellent analytical skills.