- You see yourself as a solution crafter. You like to bend your mind to not only find the answer to a riddle, but also the most elegant.
- You like to be under pressure from time to time, let’s say when the time is short and the stakes are high. But you also appreciate to be given time to think and perfect your skills when nothing is on fire.
- You don’t like to feel like a big fish in a small pond, and want to learn and grow your skills continuously.
- You wish there was a place that would respect who you are and support you and your quirks, rather than turn you into a “presentable” cog.
- You care about others, and want your work to profit not only you, but cascade back to the community.
- You sometimes go to bed with your brain firing all cylinders on a problem to crack, only to wake up in the middle of the night screaming “eureka” (unless it’s under your shower the next day).
- You take pride in your skills, and enjoy sharing your experiences with others. Teaching is (or is becoming) a part of your life.
- You are accountable and dependable, and you never take things for granted.
Why we need you
We need you to design complete systems from scratch. This includes discussing with lots of people, understanding their needs, negotiating, marketing, and a heavy dose of technical research. Obviously needs to be done for last week.
We want you to write code that will enable others, not only because of the features, but also because the quality will set the bar. Strong IT background, topped with several years of experience with various codebases in various environments.
We need you to mentor less experienced developers, show them the strings, and make them grow. You will need patience and determination. Not being afraid of repeating yourself is a plus.
We need you to be the captain of the boat when it hits an iceberg. Being able to assess the situation and take the best actions to limit the damage. Requires experience, cold blood and strong leadership.
Your work conditions
We encourage our people to work from home, so you must be comfortable with this idea: you will usually work 2-3 days on site and 2-3 days from home, depending on the project needs.
You will be provided with everything you need for your job:
- laptop of your choice (though we prefer Mac)
- cell phone with data plan
- paid transportation and hotel in case of travel abroad (however unusual)
- you-name-it tech gadgets
- 13th and 14th month
- paid public transportation
- eco cheques
Extra-legal perks include:
- 10 days of extra-legal paid leave
- (very) flexible working hours
- paid professional training (technology, security, French/English/Dutch)
- paid trips to tech conferences
- flat company structure, no managers, everyone can have their say
- healthcare insurance
- meal vouchers
What we require
- we are Python specialists, you will have to learn Python if needed
- contributing to an open-source project is definitely a plus
- your are fluent in English and at least French or Dutch
- you have a strong understanding of what you do, and why you do it
- you are proficient with POSIX systems (Linux, OSX), as well as Windows
- you know how to express your opinion while remaining well mannered
- you enjoy being challenged and build non-conventional systems
How to apply
Send your CV, preferably in PDF format, at email@example.com
Location: Brussels, BE
Work At Home: Yes
Status: Full-time employee
Salary Range: >65k€ / year