For the assigned projects you are as Senior Project Manager responsible to manage and to steer the virtual teams throughout the different departments.
You’re responsible to ensure that the business or technical projects are delivered on-time, on-scope, and on-budget through the use of our methodology while ensuring continuous alignment between the various stakeholders (within impacted teams)
By Business project, we understand a project with IT development that will have to deliver Business objectives (eg new product/new internal tool for internal Business departments/…) while a technical project will focus on technical deliveries only (eg IT or Telco network project, Infrastructure project, …).
For the assigned projects you have the following responsibilities:
Scope management :
To ensure that the needs of the internal clients are taken into account and that the business/technical solutions are delivered in line with the agreed requirements.
To challenge requested scope changes and this during the duration of the project.
To define together with all involved parties the needed project budget.
To ensure you get this budget approved by all necessary “governance bodies”.
To identify timely budget variances and to challenge them avoiding your projects exceeds their budget.
To define in cooperation with your project team a clear and realistic project plan that meets project objectives and clearly identifies the expected results and the associated 'resources'.
To commitment from the different departments on the expected results.
To challenge the various parties involved ensuring delivery within agreed timeframe.
To avoid problems by identifying pro-active risks/issues and initiating timely the appropriate actions.
To escalate timely project problems to line management and/or project stakeholders ensuring they can still take appropriate action within their organization.
Reporting & Communication:
To liaise on a continuous basis with management from the impacted departments avoiding surprises by ensuring they are ‘at any time’ fully aware of the project status.
To provide day-to-day management and coaching of one or more virtual teams.
• Minimum 10 years proven experience as dedicated Project Manager in complex environments
• Proven successful management of multiple ‘End-To-End’ major business/technical projects involving IT development
• Familiar with Project management methodologies (PMI, Prince2, Agile/Scrum …).
• Proven leadership skills to manage effectively your virtual project team & your stakeholders
• You can deal with ‘uncertainty’ and are able to show expected composure in a continuous changing environment.
• You feel at ease to deal with ambiguity and to handle conflicts.
• You are able to work autonomous
• You are good at organizing project resources efficiently and effectively even while managing multiple projects in parallel.
• You can timely and effectively inform your project stakeholders (director level) and you know essentially of secondary importance to distinguish.
• You take initiatives and are result driven while thinking in terms of solutions.
• You are familiar with Office tools (Word, Excel, MS-Access, MS-Project and Powerpoint).
• Languages: French, Dutch & English (Occasionally, we might accept people who do not speak both national languages but they must at least be able to understand them)