As a Solution Architect you will create custom solutions of program, enterprise or operational scope. You will capture and share architectural IP at the solution level. You have a strategic influence by leading architecture activities for infrastructure projects related opportunities. Furthermore you collaborate with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for projects.
Other key activities are:
• Assess business impact of multiple technologies and strategies.
• Identify and address technical or operational risks.
• Provide review/input on project activities for projects.
• Drive infrastructure assessment projects – e.g. disaster recovery plan assessment, application/infrastructure performance assessment.
• Develop for clients technically or operationally feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans.
• Develop and deliver presales presentations and Infrastructure Transformation workshops to customer IT and business representative.
• Architecting experience:
The ability to understand the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements. You are able to lead the architectural design & development of large enterprises and global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
• Business Acumen:
You can relate risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects. You are able to perform business process analysis/synthesis using modeling or simulation tools and techniques, such as workflows and diagrams to show interrelationships of multiple processes, tracking instances/characteristics of process elements.
• Financial knowledge:
The ability to consistently apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. This knowledge should be used to analyze business needs and develop meaningful business recommendations.
• Technical knowledge:
You possess an excellent level of knowledge of multiple technologies or IT disciplines. A broad industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas is required. You have the pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions. Typically knowledge of one or more of following domains is required: datacenter infrastructure and cloud technologies, client (Win7/Win10, VDI, Citrix ) technologies, O365 (Exchange, Sharepoint, S4B), BURA, SAP HANA , networking technologies (HPN, F5, Fortinet, Aruba, SDN / DCN), security related technologies and processes.
• Consulting. Building and managing long-term, strategic relationships with customers. The ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the context of time, breadth and range of options. You have excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
• Communication. The ability to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s Executive level management. You possess excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent your company and its business/ services at external customer and industry events. You can articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
• You speak/ write/ understand English perfectly combined with a good knowledge (written and oral) of Dutch or French.