The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information. This person aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis.
As an IT Senior Business Architect, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations;
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise;
- In your domain, define and document the business architecture (strategy, people, process, tool) and participate in the definition and execution of multi-year transformation roadmaps to ensure the success of business transformations;
- In your domain(s), define structure, formalize and validate with all stakeholders, business solutions to operationalize organizational transformations;
- Participate in the identification of the initiatives necessary to realize the needs (strategic and tactical) of the business and the (target) business architecture;
- Identify the impacts of these initiatives on the different aspects of the business architecture (capability, value stream, process, organization, people, information, tools);
- Identify and ensure that interdependencies are taken into account within the domain as well as inter-domain to ensure smooth implementation of projects;
- Contribute in the implementation of the target architecture roadmap to ensure that projects are coherent for the organization;
- Challenge and validate/define the scope of projects and demands together with the business to ensure that business can take the right decisions for the organization;
- Ensure that projects remain aligned with the initial business architecture to ensure the right result is obtained for the organization. Participate in evolution and positioning of a Business Architecture practice within AXA;
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base “business architecture” to have up-to-date organizational blue prints;
- For projects, create business architecture part of SAD (solution architecture descriptions) which contain business motivation, business goal, business information etc. diagrams and which are formalized using Archimate.
As an IT Senior Business Architect, you have:
- A master degree or equivalent experience;
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in Business Architecture or Enterprise Architecture;
- An experience using model-based representations (Archimate, BPMS...) that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business;
- An experience in modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques;
- An experience in the definition of customer journeys;
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the insurance business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance;
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies;
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions;
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues;
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture;
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery;
And you also are:
- Fluent in French or Dutch and you are able to read/write English and understand Dutch/French;
- A very good communicator with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations;
- Results oriented;
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a collaborative model side by side with business;
- Able to adapt to changing requirements, to deal with competing priorities and pressure;
- Able to influence and resolve conflict with very good leadership skills;
- A Team player who is able to work effectively at all levels of an organization, with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus;
- A very good analyser who are able to make decision;
- Able to communicate to all relevant stakeholders on their relevant level of information need and you can write complex documents and deliver persuasive presentations
- A good at networker and influencer;
- Flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented. If needed you jump in to draft parts of the solution architecture if they do not require in-depth technical knowledge.
What we offer:
An exciting job with a focus on your talents, and on…
1. Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by ‘I can be me’. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LEFZsQe5U
2. Development and support: a welcome day, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
3. Our ‘New Way of Working’: working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organising your day autonomously.
4. Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations, psychosocial support.
5. A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA, you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.
Explore your new workplace https://youtu.be/Bc-r3i8G4s8