- Passionate about good data management in organizations?
- Able to bridge the gap between IT and business?
- Interested in creating an understanding of the business models and underlying data throughout various sectors?
- Able to combine conceptual and business knowledge with technical affinity?
- Interested in solving the data challenges organizations face today?
- Passionate about training people to become data stewards, data owners, etc.?
Within our Risk Advisory practice, we’re looking for a (m/f)
Data Management (Senior) Consultant
As a Data Management (Senior) Consultant, you will be responsible for implementing data strategies at the client. You will work with a broad range of stakeholders from business to IT to create awareness to improve data quality and stimulate data usage. These large transformation projects touch upon the very core of how an organization runs its business.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Set up a data quality management process & implement data quality controls;
- Make sure that data quality requirements and controls are defined, documented and translated into effective and consistent processes;
- Assist during data and information modelling;
- Maintain information stored in data governance tools;
- Establish data governance roles and responsibilities (data stewardship etc.);
- Identify and develop policies and standards that need to be put in place to ensure roles can be carried out effectively and efficiently;
- Develop KPI’s and follow-up reports regarding data quality and governance.
Opportunities are available across a wide range of areas: Energy, Utilities and Infrastructures, Financial Services Industry, Real Estate, Manufacturing and others.
Your office is at Zaventem airport however most of the time you will be working at the clients' offices.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor or master degree;
- Able to translate business rules into data quality controls;
- Experience with capturing data quality checks based on business requirements;
- Experience in designing data and information models from a business as well as IT point of view;
- Knowledge of Data Governance & Data Quality platform(s);
- Data profiling and visualization experience with data discovery tools (e.g. self-service BI tools);
- Knowledge of Data Governance policies, roles & responsibilities (Data stewardship, ...);
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL-like query languages;
- Experience in designing and implementing BI solutions (Dashboards, ...);
- You are fluent in English and Dutch and/or French;
- Excellent communicator. Must be able to communicate effectively with team members from different horizons (business users, IT project leaders, …);
- You are keen on daily interaction and close collaboration with the client;
- You take responsibility and are pro-active, always being one-step ahead;
- You are a team player, who can also work independently and is enthusiasm for helping others to be successful;
- You have an analytical mindset and you are curious, always looking for an explanation;
- Consulting experience is an asset;
- Prepared to travel up to 30% of your time – however most of the time will be spent at client sites (primarily in Belgium);
- A challenging and innovating environment where taking ownership and having responsibilities is common practice;
- A great team where knowledge sharing increases personal development and where growth is encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.